Job Posting OPEN
Scan With Your Phone To Apply!
Hello Future Ikesters!
Ike's Love and Sandwiches is growing in the Phoenix area and is looking to hire Shift Leaders in all our locations (Glendale, Mesa, Tempe, Phoenix, and Scottsdale). We offer great pay, flexible schedules, management opportunities and of course.........sandwiches!
We are looking for Shift Leads who are personable (charming), have strong work ethics and customer service skills and who are comfortable working in a fast paced environment. We need Shift Leads who thrive on responsibility while at the same time enjoy having fun at work. Being willing to work at multiple locations is a plus! We are quickly growing and need people flexible enough to help open up locations as well as assist with current locations.
Responsibilities for a Shift Leader at Ike's Love and Sandwiches will be taught in a 4-6 week training program that includes all of the responsibilities of a Shift Lead. Completion of the program depends on performance. Promotion and raise consideration will be assessed throughout the program based on performance. We generally start all employees on a part-time basis and more hours to reach full-time status is scheduled based on the need across all of our shops, your availability, eagerness to learn, performance, and desire to grow with us.
1. Ensuring the day-to-day operations meet company standards:
- Food is safe and up to company standards to serve
- Various company forms and checklists are completed on time and thoroughly
- Staff is managed responsibly, kept on task and kept focused on serving customers
- Full understanding of our menu and operation
2. Ordering various food, paper, and cleaning products
- Must be able to follow ordering parts and become comfortable interacting with various representatives of our vendors
3. Displaying great interpersonal skills
- Comfortable handling customers who experience fell below company standards
- Comfortable managing employees
- Taking new-hires under your wing to train on various tasks
- Communicating company policies and company standards to new-hires
5. Showing Buy-In
- Memorize our cultural values, statements, and beliefs
- Communicating cultural values, statements and beliefs to staff
6. Share ideas that will keep the company growing
- Communicating ideas for improvement is key to keeping the company innovative and keeping operations moving in the right direction
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Are you looking for a fun place to work with unlimited growth opportunities? Go as far as you want to go with a position at Ike's. Ike's Love and Sandwiches is a rapidly growing company. With the opening of the newest location in the Glendale Westgate Entertainment District, we will have six locations in the Phoenix area (Glendale, Mesa, Tempe-2, Phoenix, and Scottsdale), and more stores in the works!
Ike opened the first Ike's Place in San Francisco in November 2007 and quickly became one of the California Bay Area's favorite sandwich shops. Ike quickly expanded and currently has approximately 80 stores in California, Nevada, Texas, Hawaii, Florida, and of course Arizona. The original Mesa, AZ store opened in 2014 was the first Ike's outside of California! Ike has won numerous awards, been featured in many publications and newscasts, as well as seen on Man Vs. Food.
But we're not just about delicious sandwiches. It is our goal to make each customer leave feeling like they were fully taken care of by our friendly staff.
Thanks for checking us out!
Ike's Love and Sandwiches
Glendale - Westgate Entertainment District
South Tempe - Rural Rd. and Elliot
Scottsdale - N. Hayden Rd. and E. McCormick Pkwy
Mesa - Southern and Gilbert
Tempe ASU - Mill Ave. and 6th St, in The Brickyard, behind Bank of America
Phoenix - 4th St. and Roosevelt
If you have a vehicle and are willing to be flexible with your work location, please indicate so.